//Top Ten Money Tips for Students
Still paying overdue fees at the library? Check out these tips to learn what you can do to save money everyday:
1. Be careful with credit cards — Only use credit cards to buy things you know you can pay back. Pay off your balances in full and on time.
2. Start a savings plan — By regularly putting away a little bit at a time, you’ll always have money saved.
3. Create an entertainment budget — If money slips through your fingers, set a limit and stick to it. Include things like music, movies and games.
4. Shop at second-hand stores — Check out cool vintage stores or surf eBay for great prices on used items like books, clothes and electronics.
5. Apply for scholarships — Each year, billions of dollars in scholarships are awarded to students across the country. Start looking today!
6. Save money on gas — Walk or ride a bike. It’s cheaper and will help you stay healthy.
7. Avoid “lazy” fees — Ever get charged $4 for a late DVD rental? Pay your bills on time and return rentals promptly to avoid unnecessary fees.
8. Don’t forget student discounts — Look in your school’s newspaper or use Google to find available student discounts.
9. Pack a lunch or cook at home — Eating out too much can drain your account … and add extra (unhealthy) pounds.
10. Come to the credit union for all your financial needs — We offer great ways to save money on the financial services you need such as ATM access, online banking, car loans, credit cards and more!
Back to Saving Money Articles