//MONEY TIPS FOR STUDENTS
Are you still paying overdue fees at the library? Here are tips to help you save money everyday.
- Be careful with credit cards — Only use credit cards to buy things you know you can pay back. Pay off your balances in full and on time.
- Start a savings plan — By regularly putting away a little bit at a time, you’ll always have money saved.
- Create an entertainment budget — If money slips through your fingers, set a limit and stick to it. Include things like music, movies and games.
- Shop at second-hand stores — Check out cool vintage stores or surf eBay for great prices on used items like books, clothes and electronics.
- Apply for scholarships — Each year, billions of dollars in scholarships are awarded to students across the country. Start looking today!
- Save money on gas — Walk or ride a bike. It’s cheaper and will help you stay healthy.
- Avoid “lazy” fees — Ever get charged $4 for a late DVD rental? Pay your bills on time and return rentals promptly to avoid unnecessary fees.
- Don’t forget student discounts — Look in your school’s newspaper or use Google to find available student discounts.
- Pack a lunch or cook at home — Eating out too much can drain your account … and add extra (unhealthy) pounds.
- Come to the credit union for all your financial needs — We offer great ways to save money on the financial services you need such as ATM access, online banking, car loans, credit cards and more!
Back to Saving Money Articles
NCUA – Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.