//Tweet For College Scholarship
How to Apply
Step 1. Sign up for Twitter.
If you already have a Twitter account, you're ready to go.
Step 2. Tweet your scholarship essay.
Answer the following question in 140 characters or less:
"How can credit unions 'AWAKEN' your financial destiny?"
Include @elementsofmoney in your tweet. Here's an example:
I really want to win this scholarship! @elementsofmoney
Step 3. Follow us.
Follow us to find out the winners. Winners will only be notified via Twitter, so it's important that you follow us.
- Four (4) $250 awards
- One (1) $1,000 award
We'll award one $250 scholarship every two weeks, beginning on Friday, January 15, 2016. Each winning entry will be entered for the $1,000 scholarship.
- Must be a credit union member of the Elements of Money program. Credit union membership must be verified prior to funds disbursement.
- Must be a high school junior or senior who plans to enroll in a full-time course of study at an accredited college or university.
- Must have a Twitter account.
- Must follow @ElementsofMoney on Twitter to be notified.
- Winner(s) must be willing to allow us to use your name, Twitter username and photo for promotional purposes.
- Scholarship essays can also be submitted via email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All email submissions must be received in accordance with the required timelines, as well as the 140 character limit. Winning submissions received via email will be notified through email.
- Winners must respond within 30 days of publication of winning.
- Round 1: Friday, January 15, 2016 (12:00 a.m. PST) to
Thursday, January 28, 2016 (11:59 p.m. PST).
- Round 2: Friday, January 29, 2016 (12:00 a.m. PST) to
Thursday, February 11, 2016 (11:59 p.m. PST).
- Round 3: Friday, February 12, 2016 (12:00 a.m. PST) to
Thursday, February 25, 2016 (11:59 p.m. PST).
- Round 4: Friday, February 26, 2016 (12:00 a.m. PST) to
Thursday, March 10, 2016 (11:59 p.m. PST).
Overall winner announced Friday, March 18, 2016 via the @ElementsofMoney Twitter feed.
Ready to Tweet for College?
Click the button below to submit your Tweet for College essay:
Tweet to @ElementsofMoney
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency