The day after my last final exam was over, I hopped on a plane to go to Disney World. I’d been planning the trip for months and had a great time! One of the reasons I enjoyed myself was because I didn’t have to stress about money. I did my research ahead of time and took care of everything I needed to do before even getting on the plane. If you’re planning to take a trip this summer (or anytime), here are a few things to remember:
1. Create a budget so you don’t spend too much money. The last thing you want to do is come back home totally broke.
2. When you go souvenir shopping, don’t be embarrassed to look for bargains. You may find the same souvenir for cheaper at a different shop.
3. Don’t spend all your money right away. You may see something you like later on in your trip. If you spend all your money on the first day, you may not have enough to make it through the rest of the trip.
4. Be careful with your cash. Don’t flash your money for everyone to see.
5. Safeguard your money and credit cards. It’s easy to get distracted and lose sight of your money. And remember, unfortunately there are people who make a living by stealing from people on vacation.
So that’s all I have today. Taking a vacation is about resting, relaxing and spending time with family and friends. Don’t stress out too much and just have a great time!