//JUST SAY NO TO IDENTITY FRAUD!
You’ve probably heard stories of identity fraud, or might even know someone who was a vicitm. Unfortunately, ID fraud is more prevalent today than ever before. And it can be a time-consuming, complicated process proving that fraudulent activity occurred. That’s why it’s very important to be careful when giving out any personal information
- Don’t give out personal information on the phone, by mail or on the Internet unless you initiated the contact.
- Minimize identification information and cards you carry with you to what only what you need.
- Do not carry your social security card with you.
- Talk to your employer to make sure all your personal information is kept private.
- Always review your credit union and bank statements immediately
- Shred personal papers, receipts and junk mail
- Don’t let thieves get a hold of your identity. Protect yourself. These simple tips, along with good common sense, can help prevent you from becoming the next victim of ID theft.
Back to Protecting Money Articles